Scottsdale Juvenile Crime Lawyer
As a parent, it can be scary to think about your child getting into trouble with the law. You may have heard horror stories about juveniles being thrown into the Arizona criminal justice system and unable to escape its grasp. But it’s important to remember that every case is different, and there is hope for your child’s future. At our law firm, we have seen firsthand how much of a difference it can make to have a skilled and compassionate legal advocate on your side. Here are just a few examples of cases where we were able to help our clients, who were all juvenile defendants, achieve positive outcomes:
- One of our clients, a high school student, was accused of shoplifting from a local store. This charge could have serious consequences for their future, damaging their college and job prospects. But after working with us, we negotiated a plea deal that resulted in the charges being dismissed.
- Another client, a middle schooler, was accused of vandalism after spray-painting graffiti on a public building. This offense could have resulted in hefty fines and even jail time. However, we convinced the prosecutor to allow our client to complete community service and a graffiti removal program instead of punishment.
- Finally, we represented a young client charged with underage drinking at a party. This charge could have left a permanent mark on our client’s record. Still, we were able to have the charge reduced to a minor in possession citation, which they could expunge from their record after completing probation.
These are just a few examples of how we have been able to help juveniles avoid the worst outcomes of the criminal justice system. If your child has been accused of a crime in Scottsdale, don’t hesitate to seek help. We will do everything to protect your child’s rights and ensure they have the best possible chance at a bright future.
Scottsdale Juvenile Crime Lawyer: What is a Defense Attorney?
A defense lawyer can speak up for the rights of a young person charged with a crime in court. This can involve pleading the case before a judge or jury during a trial or negotiating with prosecutors to negotiate a plea agreement. The lawyer’s objective is to secure the best result for the young client, which may entail getting the charges dropped or reduced, winning a not-guilty verdict, or getting a light punishment if the young client is found guilty. The juvenile’s defense lawyer can also give them legal counsel and explain the criminal justice system.
What to Do When Charged With a Juvenile Crime
To defend your child’s rights and interests, if they have been accused of a juvenile felony, you must act soon. We are criminal defense lawyers with years of expertise managing juvenile cases. Therefore, we know the particular difficulties and risks these cases provide. We are committed to providing tenacious, empathetic representation to ensure your child has the best outcome possible.
Our strategy is carefully reviewing the evidence incriminating your child, negotiating with the prosecution to achieve a good plea agreement, and zealously defending them in court. To ensure that you know the legal procedure and your alternatives, we will work directly with you and update you at every stage. Contact us immediately to discuss your child’s situation and see how we can assist.
Rehabilitative Penalties for Juveniles in Scottsdale
Rehabilitative punishments are intended to address the underlying causes of the juvenile’s behavior and assist them in learning from their mistakes. Numerous sanctions are possible, including community service, counseling, therapy, and drug rehabilitation. Probation, which may require regular check-ins with a probation officer, participation in educational or vocational programs, and adherence to particular rules and conditions specified by the court, is another option for rehabilitative sanctions.
Scottsdale AZ Criminal Charges for Minors
Rehabilitative outcomes regarding a criminal charge involving a juvenile have the potential to teach young people how to make better decisions. According to research, rehabilitative criminal outcomes can reduce recidivism. Here are some common crimes that are committed by juveniles in Scottsdale, Arizona:
- Theft and shoplifting
- Assault and/or Battery
- Drug offenses, including possession and sale of illegal drugs
- Underage drinking and alcohol offenses (MIP or Consumption)
- Traffic violations, such as reckless driving and speeding
- Cybercrimes, such as hacking and identity theft
- Weapon offenses, such as carrying a concealed weapon without a permit
- Sex offenses
Scottsdale Criminal Defense Lawyer
Obtaining a Scottsdale Juvenile Crime Attorney is a critical choice for anyone whose minor has been accused of a crime. A knowledgeable attorney can offer valuable legal advice and counsel, assisting in obtaining the best result for the child.