Scottsdale Criminal Lawyer
Role of a Scottsdale Criminal Lawyer
Many think the odds are against them if they have been accused of a crime. It can feel like no one is on your side because the criminally accused frequently get portrayed as guilty until proven innocent. It is crucial to remember that you have rights and can challenge the accusations levied against you.
You can bolster your defense with the assistance of a Scottsdale Criminal Lawyer.
You can contest the allegations and look for a favorable result if you have competent legal counsel. A knowledgeable attorney can assist you in navigating the convoluted Arizona legal system, whether charged with a misdemeanor infraction or a serious felony. Take charge of your circumstances and seek the legal assistance you need.
Examples of Scottsdale Criminal Charge Positive Outcomes
Our law office represents clients accused of a crime, and we understand it can be terrifying and intimidating. Our firm is here to help in the same way our team of accomplished lawyers has helped many clients win their criminal cases. Examples of positive results include:
- DUI: Our client was arrested for driving under the influence after a night out with friends. The prosecution claimed that our client posed a risk to other motorists and should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. Our legal team challenged the validity of the breathalyzer test and worked out a plea agreement that reduced the charges to reckless driving. The client was able to avoid getting a DUI conviction and all of the related consequences, like license suspension, fines, and jail time.
- Assault: A dispute at a bar resulted in our client being accused of assault. Our client was charged with being the aggressor and acting without justification by the prosecution. We persuaded the prosecution that our client acted in self-defense and defended themselves and their friends from an unprovoked attack through witness accounts and video evidence. Ultimately, the charges were dropped, allowing our client to move on from the incident with no criminal record.
- Theft: Petty theft charges were brought against our client accused of shoplifting from a department store. We provided evidence that our client had made an honest mistake. And they had merely forgotten to pay for an item in their haste to leave the store. In the end, the prosecution decided against bringing the case. Our client escaped having a criminal record and the adverse effects of a theft conviction, such as having trouble finding work or housing.
Scottsdale Criminal Lawyer: Criminal Defense Consultation
Clients can anticipate discussing the specifics of their case and the charges they are up against during their initial consultation with our team. The Scottsdale criminal lawyer will probably inquire about the facts that gave rise to the accusations and any pertinent information regarding the alleged crime. The Scottsdale criminal lawyer may also ask about the client’s criminal activity if appropriate.
The lawyer will use this information to evaluate the client’s case and choose the best course of action. They might talk about possible defense tactics and the advantages and disadvantages of each choice. The lawyer might also review the courtroom procedure and what the client can anticipate as the case develops.
Free and Confidential
During the initial consultation, the client has the chance to ask any questions they might have regarding their case and the lawyer’s strategy for representation. Given that they will be collaborating closely with them throughout the legal process, it is crucial for the client to feel at ease and confident in the attorney they have chosen.
In general, a client’s initial consultation with our attorney is an opportunity for them to better understand their rights and available options and start formulating a strategy to fight the charges they are up against.
List of Crimes our Scottsdale Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Provide
It’s crucial to obtain legal counsel as quickly as possible if you’ve been accused of a crime to defend yourself and your rights. You can navigate the convoluted legal system with the aid of a criminal defense lawyer and fight to achieve a favorable result. A knowledgeable attorney can help you comprehend your alternatives and create a defense plan to fight the charges, regardless of the specific offense they’ve charged you with.
Don’t be afraid to ask for legal assistance; the sooner you have a qualified lawyer, the higher your odds of success.
- DUI: Driving while intoxicated is a serious offense that can result in jail time, license suspension, and other harsh penalties. Getting legal counsel as quickly as possible if accused of a DUI is crucial to defend your rights and contest the allegations.
- Public Urination: Urinating in public is often seen as a minor misdemeanor, but it is subject to fines and other penalties. A lawyer can assist in understanding your options if accused of using the restroom in public and help you strive toward a successful resolution.
- Shoplifting: Theft from a store or shoplifting are both considered shoplifting offenses. Shoplifting charges can be either a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the value of the things taken. A lawyer can assist you in defending against these accusations and securing a favorable result.
- Public Alcohol Consumption: Although often seen as a minor violation, drinking alcohol in a public area where it is prohibited can result in fines and other penalties. A Scottsdale criminal lawyer can explain your alternatives and fight for a good result if accused of drinking in public.
- Misdemeanor Assault: Assault involves the threat of bodily injury or unwelcome touching, and depending on the situation, it can be punished as a misdemeanor or a felony. It’s crucial to get legal counsel if you’ve been accused of misdemeanor assault to defend your interests and counter the allegations.
- Domestic Violence: Abuse or violence directed at a family member or domestic partner constitutes a severe felony. It’s crucial to obtain legal counsel as soon as possible if you’ve been accused of domestic abuse to defend yourself and your rights.
- Disorderly Conduct: Disrupting the peace or acting disruptively in public is the offense of disorderly conduct. Depending on the facts, it may be a felony or a misdemeanor charge. A lawyer can assist you in defending against disorderly behavior allegations and pursuing a good outcome.
- Trespassing: Trespassing is the unauthorized entry or habitation of another person’s property. Depending on the situation, trespassing may be a misdemeanor or a felony charge. A lawyer can assist you in defending against trespass accusations and working toward a favorable outcome.
- Criminal Damage: Criminal Damage is the deliberate or negligent destruction of another person’s property. Depending on the value of the damaged property, it may be a misdemeanor or a felony charge. A lawyer can assist you in defending against criminal damage accusations and pursuing a good outcome.
- Juvenile Crimes: We can assist juveniles charged with crimes such as vandalism, minor consumption, minor possession, etc.
Legal Tactics a Criminal Lawyer Can Use in Arizona
To defend their clients against criminal accusations, criminal defense lawyers in Arizona have a variety of strategies at their disposal. Several typical tactics include:
- Attacking the prosecution’s case: A defense lawyer may attempt to contest the evidence presented by the prosecution, claiming that it is insufficient to warrant a conviction. It could entail casting doubt on the validity of physical evidence, debating the veracity of witness testimony, or pointing out contradictions in the prosecution’s case.
- Reducing to a lower charge: If there is substantial evidence against the defendant, a lawyer could attempt to arrange a plea agreement in which the defendant admits guilt to a lesser charge in exchange for a lenient punishment.
- Claiming self-defense: In some circumstances, a lawyer might contend that the defendant’s actions were appropriate since they took them to protect themselves.
- Presenting character witnesses: A Scottsdale criminal lawyer could use character witnesses who can attest to the defendant’s virtues to show that a defendant is a decent person.
- Make a case for a diversion program: In some circumstances, a lawyer may be able to arrange a plea agreement that enables the defendant to take part in a diversion program rather than go to jail. Diversion programs might be a good substitute for incarceration because they are frequently created to address the underlying problems that may have contributed to the offender’s criminal behavior.
Criminal Defense Attorney Cost
In our legal business, we support open and honest billing procedures. Because of this, we provide flat rates rather than hourly invoicing for our criminal defense services. It indicates that there won’t be any unexpected fees or charges; you’ll know precisely what you’ll spend upfront.
Before you decide to hire us, we’ll be pleased to provide you with a quote based on the complexity of your case and the precise services we’ll be offering. The cost of hiring an attorney can be high, so our flat fee model gives our clients the best return on their investment. Get in touch with us to learn more about our fees and how we can support your defense against criminal accusations.
What is a Criminal Defense Attorney?
An attorney who defends people accused of crimes is known as a criminal defense attorney. A Scottsdale criminal lawyer’s job is to protect their client against the allegations and work toward a favorable result, which could be an acquittal, a charge reduction, or a plea agreement.
Contrary to the prevalent belief, not everyone accused of a crime is guilty. It is the prosecution’s responsibility to establish the defendant’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, and it is the defense attorney’s responsibility to refute the prosecution’s evidence and cast doubt on the defendant’s guilt.
To defend their client against the charges, a criminal defense lawyer may employ various strategies, such as contesting the prosecution’s evidence, negotiating a plea bargain, or stating that the defendant’s actions were appropriate. It’s critical to remember that everyone has the right to due process and the presumption of innocence and that a criminal defense lawyer can assist in defending those rights.
Professional License Defense
Our firm also represents licensed professionals before Arizona Licensing Boards. Many Boards have criminal reporting requirements. If you are a professional, our Scottsdale Criminal Lawyer can assist you in maintaining your professional license.
How much does a criminal lawyer cost in Arizona?
The cost of hiring a criminal lawyer in Arizona can vary based on several factors, such as the attorney’s experience, reputation, and the complexity of the case. On average, criminal lawyers charge between $142 and $455 per hour. However, some attorneys may offer flat fees or payment plans to accommodate clients with different financial situations. It is essential to discuss the fee structure and payment options with a potential attorney during the initial consultation to ensure you have a clear understanding of the expected costs for legal representation in your criminal case.