Phoenix Juvenile Crime Lawyer
As a parent, it can be scary to think about your child getting into trouble with the law. You may have heard horror stories about juveniles being thrown into the Arizona criminal justice system and unable to escape its grasp. But it’s important to remember that every case is different, and there is hope for your child’s future. At our law firm, with our Phoenix Juvenile Crime Lawyer, we have seen firsthand how much of a difference it can make to have a skilled and compassionate legal advocate on your side. Here are just a few examples of cases where we were able to help our clients, who were all juvenile defendants, achieve positive outcomes:
- One of our clients, a high school student, was accused of shoplifting from a local store. This charge could have serious consequences for their future, damaging their college and job prospects. But after working with us, we negotiated a plea deal that resulted in the charges being dismissed.
- Another client, a middle schooler, was accused of vandalism after spray-painting graffiti on a public building. This offense could have resulted in hefty fines and even jail time. However, we convinced the prosecutor to allow our client to complete community service and a graffiti removal program instead of punishment.
- Finally, we represented a young client charged with underage drinking at a party. This charge could have left a permanent mark on our client’s record. Still, we were able to have the charge reduced to a minor in possession citation, which they could expunge from their record after completing probation.
These are just a few examples of how we have been able to help juveniles avoid the worst outcomes of the criminal justice system. If your child has been accused of a crime in Phoenix, don’t hesitate to seek help from a defense attorney in phoenix. We will do everything to protect your child’s rights and ensure they have the best possible chance at a bright future.
Scottsdale Juvenile Crime Lawyer: What is a Defense Attorney?
A defense lawyer can speak up for the rights of a young person charged with a crime in court. This can involve pleading the case before a judge or jury during a trial or negotiating with prosecutors to negotiate a plea agreement. The lawyer’s objective is to secure the best result for the young client, which may entail getting the charges dropped or reduced, winning a not-guilty verdict, or getting a light punishment if the young client is found guilty. The juvenile’s defense lawyer can also give them legal counsel and explain the criminal justice system.
What to Do When Charged With a Juvenile Crime in Phoenix Arizona
To defend your child’s rights and interests, if they have been accused of a juvenile felony, you must act soon. We have a Phoenix juvenile crimes lawyer with years of expertise managing juvenile cases. Therefore, we know the particular difficulties and risks these cases provide. We are committed to providing tenacious, empathetic representation to ensure your child has the best outcome possible.
Our strategy is carefully reviewing the evidence incriminating your child, negotiating with the prosecution to achieve a good plea agreement, and zealously defending them in court. To ensure that you know the legal procedure and your alternatives, we will work directly with you and update you at every stage. Contact us immediately to discuss your child’s situation and see how we can assist.
Phoenix Juvenile Crime Defense: Can You be Tried as an Adult?
According to Arizona law, juveniles must be tried as adults if they were 15, 16, or 17 at the time of the alleged offense and it was one of the following:
- Forcible sexual assault
- Armed robbery
- First-degree murder
- Second-degree murder
- Any other violent offense
- Any felony, if the defendant is a chronic felony offender
- Any other offense that is joined to one of these offenses
A Discretionary Waiver can also be used by a court. It is still feasible for the state to transfer the case to adult court even if a kid is accused of committing a crime that isn’t on the aforementioned list. The prosecution may ask the juvenile court judge to carry out the transfer if the offense is a felony. A hearing is followed by a decision. It’s worth noting that minors who are waived to adult court and convicted of a crime may receive harsher sentences than they would if they were tried in juvenile court.
Rehabilitative penalties can teach young people how to make better decisions. According to research, rehabilitative activities can assist young people in changing their lives while reducing recidivism. Here are some common crimes that are committed by juveniles in Scottsdale, Arizona:
- Theft and shoplifting
- Vandalism and graffiti
- Drug offenses, including possession and sale of illegal drugs
- Underage drinking and alcohol offenses
- Assault and battery
- Burglary and trespassing
- Traffic violations, such as reckless driving and speeding
- Cybercrimes, such as hacking and identity theft
- Weapon offenses, such as carrying a concealed weapon without a permit
- Sex offenses
For anyone with a juvenile accused of a crime, obtaining a Phoenix Juvenile Crime Attorney is a crucial choice. A knowledgeable attorney can offer valuable legal advice and counsel. Giving your child the best chance for a favorable outcome in their case and a promising future is possible with the help of competent juvenile legal defense.