Phoenix Criminal Lawyer
The odds may be against you if you’ve been accused of a crime. It can feel like no one is on your side because the criminally accused frequently get portrayed as guilty until proven innocent. But it’s crucial to remember that you have rights and can challenge the accusations you’re up against.
You can accomplish that with the assistance of a Phoenix Criminal Lawyer.
You can contest the prosecution’s case and fight toward a favorable result if you have competent legal counsel. A knowledgeable Phoenix criminal lawyer can assist you in navigating the convoluted Arizona legal system and defending your rights, whether charged with a minor infraction or a serious felony.
Take charge of your circumstances and seek the legal assistance you need.
Examples of Phoenix Criminal Charge Positive Outcomes
As a Phoenix law office representing clients, being accused of a crime can be terrifying and intimidating, as we understand. It’s normal to feel like the cards are stacked against you and that no one is on your side. But it’s crucial to remember that you have rights and can challenge the accusations you’re up against. We’re here to help you in the same way our team of accomplished lawyers has helped many clients win their criminal cases.
We can assist you in navigating the convoluted legal system and defend your rights, whether charged with a minor or severe offense. Take responsibility for your position and look for the legal counsel you require. Don’t let the charges you face determine your future.
Examples of positive results include:
- DUI: Our client was arrested for driving under the influence after a night out with friends. The prosecution claimed that our client posed a risk to other motorists and should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. Our legal team challenged the validity of the breathalyzer test and worked out a plea agreement that reduced the charges to reckless driving. The client was able to avoid getting a DUI conviction and all of the related consequences, like license suspension, fines, and jail time.
- Assault: A dispute at a bar resulted in our client being accused of assault. Our client was charged with being the aggressor and acting without justification by the prosecution. We persuaded the prosecution that our client acted in self-defense and defended themselves and their friends from an unprovoked attack through witness accounts and video evidence. Ultimately, the charges were dropped, allowing our client to move on from the incident with no criminal record.
- Theft: Petty theft charges were brought against our client, who was accused of shoplifting from a department store. We provided evidence that our client had made an honest mistake. And they had merely forgotten to pay for an item in their haste to leave the store. In the end, the prosecution decided against bringing the case. Our client escaped having a criminal record and the adverse effects of a theft conviction, such as having trouble finding work or housing.
Phoenix Criminal Lawyer: Criminal Defense Consultation
Clients can anticipate discussing the specifics of their case and the charges they are up against during their initial consultation with our team. The Phoenix criminal lawyer will probably inquire about the facts that gave rise to the accusations and any pertinent information regarding the alleged crime. The Phoenix criminal lawyer may also ask about the client’s criminal activity if appropriate.
The lawyer will use this information to evaluate the client’s case and choose the best course of action. They might talk about possible defense tactics and the advantages and disadvantages of each choice. The lawyer might also review the courtroom procedure and what the client can anticipate as the case develops.
During the initial consultation, the client has the chance to ask any questions they might have regarding their case and the lawyer’s strategy for representation. Given that they will be collaborating closely with them throughout the legal process, it is crucial for the client to feel at ease and confident in the attorney they have chosen.
In general, a client’s initial consultation with our attorney is an opportunity for them to better understand their rights and available options and start formulating a strategy to fight the charges they are up against.
List of Crimes our Phoenix Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Provide
It’s crucial to obtain legal counsel as quickly as possible if you’ve been accused of a crime to defend yourself and your rights. You can navigate the convoluted legal system with the aid of a criminal defense lawyer and fight to achieve a favorable result. A knowledgeable attorney can help you comprehend your alternatives and create a defense plan to fight the charges, regardless of the specific offense they’ve charged you with.
Don’t be afraid to ask for legal assistance; the sooner you have a qualified lawyer, the higher your odds of success.
- DUI: Driving while intoxicated is a serious offense that can result in jail time, license suspension, and other harsh penalties. Getting legal counsel as quickly as possible if accused of a DUI is crucial to defend your rights and contest the allegations.
- Public Urination: Urinating in public is often seen as a minor misdemeanor, but it is subject to fines and other penalties. A lawyer can assist in understanding your options if accused of using the restroom in public and help you strive toward a successful resolution.
- Shoplifting: Theft from a store or shoplifting are both considered shoplifting offenses. Shoplifting charges can be either a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the value of the things taken. A lawyer can assist you in defending against these accusations and securing a favorable result.
- Public Alcohol Consumption: Although often seen as a minor violation, drinking alcohol in a public area where it is prohibited can result in fines and other penalties. A Phoenix criminal lawyer can explain your alternatives and fight for a good result if accused of drinking in public.
- Misdemeanor Assault: Assault involves the threat of bodily injury or unwelcome touching, and depending on the situation, it can be punished as a misdemeanor or a felony. It’s crucial to get legal counsel if you’ve been accused of misdemeanor assault to defend your interests and counter the allegations.
- Domestic Violence: Abuse or violence directed at a family member or domestic partner constitutes a severe felony. It’s crucial to obtain legal counsel as soon as possible if you’ve been accused of domestic abuse to defend yourself and your rights.
- Disorderly Conduct: Disrupting the peace or acting disruptively in public is the offense of disorderly conduct. Depending on the facts, it may be charged as a felony or a misdemeanor. A lawyer can assist you in defending against disorderly behavior allegations and pursuing a good outcome.
- Trespassing: Trespassing is the unauthorized entry or habitation of another person’s property. Depending on the situation, trespassing may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony. A lawyer can assist you in defending against trespass accusations and working toward a favorable outcome.
- Criminal Damage: Criminal Damage is the deliberate or negligent destruction of another person’s property. Depending on the value of the damaged property, it may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony. A lawyer can assist you in defending against criminal damage accusations and pursuing a good outcome.
- Juvenile Crimes: We can assist juveniles charged with crimes such as vandalism, minor consumption, minor possession, etc.
Legal Tactics a Criminal Lawyer Can Use in Arizona
To defend their clients against criminal accusations, criminal defense lawyers in Arizona have a variety of strategies at their disposal. Several typical tactics include:
- Attacking the prosecution’s case: A defense lawyer may attempt to contest the evidence presented by the prosecution, claiming that it is insufficient to warrant a conviction. It could entail casting doubt on the validity of physical evidence, debating the veracity of witness testimony, or pointing out contradictions in the prosecution’s case.
- Reducing to a lower charge: If there is substantial evidence against the defendant, a lawyer could attempt to arrange a plea agreement in which the defendant admits guilt to a lesser charge in exchange for a lenient punishment.
- Claiming self-defense: In some circumstances, a lawyer might contend that the defendant’s actions were appropriate since they took them to protect themselves.
- Presenting character witnesses: A Phoenix criminal lawyer could use character witnesses who can attest to the defendant’s virtues to show that a defendant is a decent person.
- Make a case for a diversion program: In some circumstances, a lawyer may be able to arrange a plea agreement that enables the defendant to take part in a diversion program rather than go to jail. Diversion programs might be a good substitute for incarceration because they are frequently created to address the underlying problems that may have contributed to the offender’s criminal behavior.
Criminal Defense Attorney Cost
How much is a local criminal defense attorney? In our legal business, we support open and honest billing procedures. Because of this, we provide flat rates rather than hourly invoicing for our criminal defense services. It indicates that there won’t be any unexpected fees or charges; you’ll know precisely what you’ll spend upfront.
Before you decide to hire us, we’ll be pleased to provide you with a quote based on the complexity of your case and the precise services we’ll be offering. The cost of hiring an attorney can be high, so our flat fee model gives our clients the best return on their investment. Get in touch with us to learn more about our fees and how we can support your defense against criminal accusations.
An attorney who defends people accused of crimes is known as a criminal defense attorney. A Phoenix criminal lawyer’s job is to protect their client against the allegations and work toward a favorable result, which could be an acquittal, a charge reduction, or a plea agreement.
Contrary to the prevalent belief, not everyone accused of a crime is guilty. It is the prosecution’s responsibility to establish the defendant’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, and it is the defense attorney’s responsibility to refute the prosecution’s evidence and cast doubt on the defendant’s guilt.
To defend their client against the charges, a criminal defense lawyer may employ various strategies, such as contesting the prosecution’s evidence, negotiating a plea bargain, or stating that the defendant’s actions were appropriate. It’s critical to remember that everyone has the right to due process and the presumption of innocence and that a criminal defense lawyer can assist in defending those rights.
Professional License Defense
Our firm also represents licensed professionals before Arizona Licensing Boards. Many Boards have criminal reporting requirements. If you are a professional, our Phoenix Criminal Lawyer can assist you in maintaining your professional license.