Can Nurse Practitioners Make 200K?
When a nurse looks to choose a specialty as a nurse practitioner, it is good to know which would be the highest paid one. It might make a difference in the specialty you choose for your career. There are a number of options, and each one is as important to the healthcare system as another. Even if you feel you know what your ideal job would be, it could be a good decision to at least look over some of the highest paying specialties for a nurse. Chelle Law details whether nurse practitioners can make 200K a year. Results oriented contract review. Malpractice, non-compete, etc.
Nurse Practitioner Certified Salary
Here are 5 of the NP specialties with the highest salary. Keep in mind each NP salary is an annual estimate and can vary from region to region. An average annual NP salary can also fluctuate based upon production bonus opportunities as well. The highest annual salary compensation is as follows:
- Certified registered nurse anesthetist – this NP specialty is the highest paying in terms of annual median income. Hourly wage can be as high as $87 an hour, with an annual salary between $166,000 and $181,000. Competition is very high for this highest paying nursing position.
- Psychiatric mental health NP – the pay scale for this specialty annually is around $107,000 to $139,000. The amount can differ from state to state. Some psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners can prescribe medications.
- Pediatric nurse practitioner – the specialty of pediatric nurse ranges about $131,000 a year. Although the salaries start to be in a similar range with other specialties, the duties can be quite different. For pediatric nurses, however, the starting salary may be a bit higher than others.
- Orthopedic nurse practitioner – this specialty has a $123,000 pay range. It is a field that can be very rewarding as you help patients recover from bone and muscle injuries.
- Urology nurse practitioner – a specialty that is an annual under served area for nurse practitioners, a urology NP makes about $120,000 a year.
Nurse Practitioners Earn Under 200K
Here are some more health care specialties for nurse practitioners that offer excellent annual pay per year.
- General NP — $111,000
- Certified nurse midwife — $108,000
- Pain management nurse — $101,000
- Family NP — $98,000
- Critical care nurse — $74,000
Dangers of New Practice Jobs
Nurse practitioners face much risk when they take contract matters into their own hands. Contract terms are highly negotiable and have a great impact not only on professional life but also on lifestyle, family and the future. There are many important contract terms and clauses which can present new complex and diverse issues for any NP, including:
- Unfavorable call schedules
- Small Production Bonuses
- Lack of Benefits
- Not enough paid-time-off
- Not enough vacation time
- Unfair Non-Compete
- Inadequate professional liability coverage
NP Contract Lawyer
When your contract is reviewed by an experienced attorney, you will find great financial benefits which end up outweighing the cost of the review. If you are in need of assistance with an employment agreement or contract review schedule a Nurse Practitioner Contract Review with Chelle Law today!